We adhere to the following Principles and Values:
- Providing a warm, welcoming, supportive environment of hospitality.
- Celebrating our faith through uplifting worship and Christian fellowship.
- Developing and deepening our faith through learning and sharing the Good News of Christ.
- Nurturing and supporting the spiritual needs of our members and community.
- Serving the local and global community by offering our support and resources.
“We welcome all people as children of God and invite them to participate fully in the life and ministry at St. Andrew’s regardless of age, race, gender, education, ethnic origin, marital or family status, cultural heritage, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic reality or diversity of ability. We resolve to be a church with open hearts, open minds, open doors and seeking to be reconciled to God and one another.”
Begun as a mission congregation of the United Lutheran Church, St. Andrew’s was established in 1944. Worship facilities at the corner of 15th Ave. and El Camino were built in 1949. The current sanctuary was completed in 1964. In 1988, St. Andrew’s became part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Seeking to always be of service, like the community around it, the congregation has experienced the ebbs and flows of living in an expensive area of the country. In addition to providing a place where Christian faith can be celebrated and nurtured, St. Andrew’s has a long history of outreach and compassionate service to others.
About Our Pastor
Pastor John holds a Masters of Divinity degree from Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in Berkeley and ordained with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
With a bachelor’s degree in Business Economics from UC Santa Barbara, John spent 16 years working in research and product development for an investment management firm until he felt the call to pursue ministry full-time.